You can add filters where your can configure to include or exclude files and folders based on file type, name, size, file age and modification date. Regular expression filtering is also supported if that is something you are into. Sync filters are specific to the folderpair for which you configure them.
- A file/folder will be always excluded if it matches at least one exclude filter.
- A file/folder will be included if it matches at least one include filter, it doesn’t have to match all of them.
- If a folder, other than the root folderpair sync folder, is excluded then all of its children file/folders will also automatically be excluded.
- Subfolders of an included folder will not be synced unless they also match a folder include filter.
Exclude filter precedence
If a file or folder matches both an exclude and an include filter, the exclude filter will take precedence and the file/folder will be excluded.
About filter values
- Filter value should match the local folder path when using a path value in filter. Filters with a path value will not be compared to remote folder path.
- All filters are case-insensitive.
- File extension filters can be for example “jpg” or “doc”. Don’t include leading period.
- If filter value for the folder filters “contains”, “equals”, “startsWith” and “endsWith” contains a forward slash “/” then the filter is applied to the device path of the folder, if not is is compared against folder name only.
Regular expression filters
Regex filters are only applied to filename or foldername, not the full path.
Info about what regex expressions are supported can be found here.
Examples - include filters
|Desired outcome||Include filter to use||Value|
|Include a file abc.txt||
|Include all files of type avi||
|Include a specific folder xyz and all its sub folders||
|Include a specific folder xyz and all files in it, but not subfolders||
|Include any folder named xyz and all files in those, but not subfolders||
Examples - exclude filters
|Desired outcome||Exclude filter to use||Value|
|Exclude a file abc.txt||
|Exclude all files of type avi||
|Exclude a specific folder xyz and all its contents||